Portuguese Route of Caminhos of Santiago
Hiking in North Portugal
The “Old Portuguese Spiritual Route of the Caminhos of Santiago”
This beautiful route is characterized by much of the route is a coastal path. Between the Atlantic, the Minho River and some of its estuaries in Galician lands, we will know its people and some of its deep traditions. We will meet and sleep in secular convents and hotels that are symbols of an entire region. We will pass through places of great natural beauty and others of great historical importance.
These are our Camiños of Santiago and we invite you to join us on this journey of reunion and spirituality.
12 days / 11 nights
Check out our other hiking itineraries in Portugal.
TYPE OF TRAVEL
Hiking tours with private transport transfers, local guide and hotel accommodation.
Anyone in good health, able to face walks of about 4 hours , and 500 km. per day.
The program can be adepted depending on your level of preparation.
From April to November
PROGRAM – Hiking in North Portugal
Day 1: Path of the Coastal Defensive Line
Day 2: Celtic Track
Day 3: The Galicia Wild Shore
Day 4:The Sea and the Mountain Track
Day 5: The Medieval Architecture on the Way to Vigo
Day 6 -Through the Wood of the Great Plateau
Day 7: The Hills, the Oysters and the Historical Bridge
Day 8: The Path of the Spiritual Monasteries
Day 9: The Route of the Stone and the Water
Day 10: By Estuary and By the River
Day 11: The “Obradoiro” Square
Day 12: The Farewell Day
Contact us to receive the detailed schedule of the trekking trip to the North of Portugal
Possible every day
The price per person for this program implies a minimum number of 6 participants.
For less than 6 people, the price is provided upon request. Therefore, if that number is not reached, Lifextreme reserves the right to suspend the program in question, returning all the money that each participant has already paid.
The Camino de Santiago hiking trip can be organized for private groups of 2 or more people.
Contact us to receive personalized information.
From 19.04.21 to 30.04.21*
From 20.10.21 to 31.10.21*
*For other dates, the booking is on request
Contact us to receive a personalized information.
There are many pilgrimage routes to Santiago, but none is more significant and moving than the “old Portuguese spiritual route of the Caminhos de Santiago”.
According to John Brierley, author of the bestseller “A Pilgrim’s Guide to the Camino de Santiago”, walking the Portuguese Way means traveling through time and advancing to a new era of spiritual renewal and awakening. While rooted in its pagan, Roman and Christian history, the Portuguese Paths are open to everyone, from all religions, or none ”.
Welcome to our Caminhos de Santiago.
By Day Includes
- All overnight stays within the program.
- All transportation within the program, including the boat tour as well as transportation from Porto to Viana do Castelo.
- The daily transport of personal luggage up to a maximum weight of 20 kg per participant.
- Dinner on the 11th.
- As for breakfasts, given the current limitations due to the pandemic of COVID19, it is not possible to know in advance which hotels include breakfast. In cases where it will not be possible, there are always good alternatives close to the hotels where we will be staying.
- 1 guide.
- All activities included in the program.
- Personal Accident And Civil Liability Insurance in accordance with legal requirements.
By Day Not Included
- In addition to cases where hotels serve breakfast and dinner on the 11th, no meals are included. The guide will ensure that there are always places where picnics can be purchased. In some cases there is the possibility of having lunch along the way which will be duly informed by the guide.
- In view of the current limitations due to the COVID19 pandemic, it is not possible to inform in advance which hotels we will spend the night in, however we guarantee a minimum level of 3 Stars or similar, with the necessary amenities.