TREKKING IN AÇORES
Trip to Portugal
Trekking Azores: Flores and Crow, the pearls of the Atlantic
A trekking tour in the Azores: discovery of the islands of Flores and Corvo, in the midst of an almost untouched lush nature, imposing cliffs and volcanic calderas.
On request it is possible to extend or shorten the program of the trekking in the Azores.
Check out our other trekking itineraries in Portugal.
TYPE OF TRAVEL
Trekking tours with private transport transfers, local guide and hotel accommodation.
Ability to add more outdoor activities or visits to the Azores.
Anyone in good health, able to face walks of about 4 hours, and 500 km per day.
The program can be tailored depending on your level of preparation.
From April to October
- A trekking tour to discover the Azores Islands, a pristine paradise in the heart of the Atlantic Ocean, an unparalleled scenario for hiking!
- Excursions between impressive cliffs and verdant hills, in the company of an expert local hiking guide.
- The island of Flores, full of waterways and lakes, to immerse yourself in a lush and unspoiled nature.
- Crow, the smallest island of the archipelago: un ancient extinct volcano
- Ability to tailor the trekking schedule to the Azores with other activities or visits.
PROGRAM – TREKKING TOUR AZORES ISLANDS
1th day : Lisbon – San Miguel Island – Flores Island
2th day : Ponta da Fajã Grande – Falls – Maria Vaz Island – Albarnaz Headland – Western Shore
3th day : Boat trip – Corvo Island: Volcanic Caldera – Return to Santa Cruz das Flores
4th day : The highlands of the 4 lagoons – Morro Alto – Poço do Baccalhau – fajã ocean pool
5th day : Ponta Ruiva – Santa Cruz Ocean Pools
6th day : Departure from Flores
Contact us to receive the detailed schedule of the trekking trip to the Azores Islands.
On request the trekking trip schedule in Flores and Crow can be extended depending on your preferences.
Possible every day with 6 participants
The trekking trip to the Azores Islands can be organized for private groups of 2 or more people.
Contact us to receive a personalized quote.
For pre-established or accompanying groups (hiking guides, mountain guides, etc.) we can organize the trip with itinerary and bespoke services.
Contact us to receive a personalized quote.
- All transports included in the programme
- Accommodation in rural houses, double room with breakfast included in Cuada village tourism
- Picnic lunch
- 1 guide
- All activities included in the program
- Personal Accident and Civil Liability Insurance in accordance with legal requirements
For less than 6 people the price is given on request.
Prices already include the vat rate in force.
The price per person of this program implies a minimum number of 6 participants, if this number is not reached, Lifextreme reserves the right to suspend the program in question, returning all the money that each participant has already paid.
Santa Cruz das Flores – ALDEIA DA CUADA
Contact us for more information.
- Costs relating to airline tickets, airport charges, as well as dinners and any other costs not included in this program.
- Meals not included in the detailed itinerary and all drinks except tea and coffees for breakfasts included
- Optional activities and extra services
- Tips, phone calls, and personal extras
- Clothing and personal medicines
Anything not included in the “Included” entry
SUPPLEMENTS ON DEMAND
- Single apartment
- Accommodation in top-tier hotels
- Tour extension
Prices to be communicated
Day 1- Welcome Day - Lisbona - Isola San Miguel - Isola di Flores
Day 2- Ponta da Fajã Grande - Waterfalls - Maria Vaz Islet - Albarnaz Promontory - The dramatic western coast
DetailsBeginning of activities: 09:00 Duration: 4 hours Difficulty: Moderate
Day 3- Boat trip - Corvo Island - Interpretation Center - Volcanic Caldera - Vila Santa Cruz das Flores
DetailsBeginning of activities: 08:30 Tour duration: 3 hours Difficulty: Easy
Day 4- The plateau of the 4 lagoons (Lagoa Funda - Lagoa Comprida - Lagoa Seca - Lagoa Branca and Bird Watching) - Il Morro Alto - and the ocean pool of Poço do Baccalhau - Fajã
- This fourth day begins on the central plateau of the island, which is about 750 meters high. This is perhaps the most diverse trail of all that we have done and will do, as we will pass through different ecosystems, all very different. Our tour starts at Lagoa Funda, which deserves its name because, with its 130 meters, it is the deepest of the entire archipelago. The next ones are Lagoa Longa and Lagoa Seca. We proceeded to the last of the lagoons, the Branca, which is an important area for migratory birds and, for this reason, the first bird watching structure in the entire archipelago that we visited was installed. Finally, we will start going up Morro Alto (911mt), from where we will be able to enjoy a spectacular view of the surrounding deep valleys: the forests of Criptoméria on our right and the villages of Fajã Grande and Fajãzinha, At sea level, there are several ruins of old water mills, some from the 19th century and in front of us, we find the waterfall of Poço do Bacalhau. With about 90m height, its crystal clear waters of a small lake where our walkers can swim before or after the picnic that we are going to do here. The rest of the afternoon will be spent in the oceanic pool of Fajã Grande, 10 minutes walk from Poço do Bacalhau.
DetailsBeginning of activities: 09: 00h Tour duration: 4 hours Difficulty: Moderate